"A relic of Sir John Franklin’s last expedition 1845-48. Fragments of a wool, hand-sewn naval ensign with a rope attached. The item is in too poor a condition to measure. It was found by Lieutenant W.R. Hobson at an abandoned camp site at Cape Felix, King William Island on 25 May 1859. The ensign was found in the smallest tent which had apparently belonged to the officers. Collected by the McClintock Search Expedition 1857-59. McClintock described it as ‘Fragments of a boat’s ensign’."